Featured Posts

Featured Posts
Featured Posts

JADSpirits Travel Log

JADSpirits Travel Log
JADSpirits Travel Log

Daday's Kitchen

Daday's Kitchen
Daday's Kitchen

My Bucket List: 101 Things To Do Before I Die

It took me a full year to finally have the courage to publish this “bucket list”. Every time I retrieve the list, some things would need to be changed…format, sequence, verb used. It was never finished…until now.
DSC_0608
Last February 3, 2015, I posted My “Unwritten” Bucket List: 18 Things To Do. I called it TTD (Things To Do) List. Those were the first 18 things on my bucket list: 11 achieved, 5 not doable or applicable anymore and 1 was superseded…so these will be excluded in this list. The remaining 1 will be part of this list.

My Bucket List started as a simple and straightforward but random list of all the things I want to do before I die. Then I changed it according to categories below but in so doing, I realized that some of the things will be listed in several categories, so I scrapped it and and return to the original list.
  • What have you always wanted to do but have not done yet?
  • What are your biggest goals and dreams?
  • Any countries, places or locations you want to visit?
  • What do you want to see in person?
  • What experiences do you want to have / feel?
  • Are there any special moments you want to witness?
  • What achievements do you want to have?
  • What activities or skills do you want to learn or try out?
  • What are the most important things you can ever do?
  • Are there any specific people you want to meet in person?
  • What would you do if you had unlimited time, money and resources?
  • What if you were to die tomorrow? What would you wish you could do before you die?
So for those of you who would want to start your own bucket list, you can use the above categories as guide. And if you need a more useful resources, please visit http://personalexcellence.co/blog/bucket-list/, and be inspired to write your own, just like I did. It is never too late…

Here is My Bucket List which I started putting on e-paper last August 2014, and undergone numerous revisions up until this moment when I hit the “Publish” button.

1. Write a book. I read it somewhere that "In their life, everyone should plant a tree, write a book and have a baby" because those three are part of a person’s legacy. Now, I tried to search it’s author on the web but to no avail.

2. Start a blog. In 2011, when we started our travels and road trips as a family, I started talking of writing a journal to chronicle it. But it was only last year, June, when I had the courage to register for a free blog site and publish my very first post, About Me and JADSpirits.

3. Go on a vacation to Sagada and Banaue (we are planning it since the early part of our marriage).

4. Do at least 15 minutes daily exercise.

5. Run a full marathon.

6. Get a pixie haircut. After contemplating for one year (since April 2013), I finally decided to chopped off my curly locks last May 11, 2014 (but now I am letting it grow longer again).
Big change
7. Ride a zipline. My very first was in 2010 at Tagaytay Picnic Grove, Daniz has to rode with me at my back, Superman-style…she cannot go solo, she’s only 10 and below the minimum weight requirement. I was shaking but I need to be fearless for the little girl. The next one in 2011, in Bukidnon’s Dahilayan Forest Park, again because of her. But when I forced myself to ride the Longest Dual Zipline in Asia, it was for me and for my fear of height. And just this year, I conquered the Longest Zipline in Asia at Pangasinan’s Balungao Hilltop Adventure.
IMG_0844IMG_2465IMG_2469IMG_0464

8. Rappel. My first time was in 2011 at Mapawa Nature Park, Cagayan De Oro City. After several tries and shouts of nervousness and Daniz’ urging down below, I finally loosen my grip on the rail and just let go (good thing Dada was not able to take picture or the fear will be seen on my face). My second was just this year at Lola Corazon’s Leisure Farm, Candaba, Pampanga. Just like the first time, the hardest part is to let go of my hands from the railing, holding the rope as instructed, trusting that the rope will be able to carry my full weight and making the first step.
DSC_0204
9. Wall climb. I tried but because of my weight and my upper body is weak as I have no exercise to strengthen my arms…I was not able to reach the top.
DSC_0156
10. Buy a brand new SUV (our 2 previous cars and our current one are second hands). Initially, we planned to buy Isuzu Mu-X, but after reviewing the financial pros and cons of acquiring a new vehicle compared to a used one…we decided on the latter…a 2006 Honda CR-V with 82,000 kms mileage.
DSC_0553 edited
11. Work in the same company from now until my retirement.

12. Stay in a 5-star hotel in one of JADSpirits travel (we always stay in a budget hotels or inns to save cost).

13. Make an annual calendar of our best travel photos as Christmas gifts to families and friends.

14. Buy a farmland or a big lot.

15. Build our dream house…an environment-friendly house using renewable resources and recycled materials.

16. Have my own personal space for writing and reading.

17. Experience sunrise and sunset on the same day and take photos. I have witnessed many rising and setting of the sun, but not in one day…usually sunset on the first day and sunrise the next day. The pictures below were taken at Potipot Island, Candelaria, Zambales: the first is of sunset taken April 5, 2014 and the next is sunrise taken the following day.
DSC_0682DSC_0784
18.  Bathe in the rain with my daughter (she will love it…I can already see the sparkle in her eyes).

19.  Unplanned “just the two of us” moment for Jonjie and I at least once a month.

20. Have our own organic garden.

21. Get a bull mastiff and American bulldog for pets.

22. Learn to swim.

23. Color my hair blonde. Because of my white hairs (hereditary), a hairstylist of David’s Salon Marquee Mall suggested to color my hair blonde for the whites not to be so evident. It was April 27, 2013, when I went there for Hair and make-up but it was only May 2, 2015 when I finally decided for an “ash blond” hair color.
DSC_0186
24. Enjoy the wonders of Batanes: picturesque lighthouses, breathtaking cliffs, natural rock formations, traditional Ivatan houses,

25. Achieve my ideal weight, at least between 55~58 kgs.

26. To be out of maintenance drug for hypertension.

27. Climb some of the mountains in the Philippines: Mount Pinatubo, Mount Arayat, Mount Balungao, Mount Pulag and some more.

28. Explore all that Camiguin can offer: waterfalls, hot spring, cold spring, white beaches, diving sites.

29. Go on a family vacation to Japan, eat ramen, visit Tokyo Disneyland and see a whole park or a mountain of Cherry Blossoms in full bloom (my first time was 1992).

30. Fly in a hot air balloon.

31. Learn ballroom dancing.

32. Bungee jump (but maybe I can’t…I think I’m gonna die).

33. Conquer my fear of worms (I guess I’ll pass out before I even touch it…whew).

34. Win a lottery.

35. Live in a different country but not permanently.

36. See snow and make angel wings.

37. Ride a roller coaster.

38. Have a “Mother and Daughter” bonding moment at least twice a month.

39. Fly in a helicopter.

40. See my daughter graduate from primary school with recognition (I know she can, she just need to learn how to focus).

41.  Buy a bus and convert it into RV (Recreational Vehicle).

42.  Visit at least 2 of the New 7 Wonders of the World: Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal of India or Machu Picchu of Peru.

43.  Play tennis.

44. Do something special for my husband.

45. Plan and host Daniz debut.

46. Visit at least 3 of the New 7 Wonders of Nature: Puerto Princesa Underground River (Philippines), Ha Long Bay (Vietnam), Jeju Island (South Korea).

47. Create a prayer / meditation room.

48.  See the gentle giant (butanding)  up-close.

49. Earn as a blogger.

50. Put up our own business…a restaurant and a spa.

51. See Daniz getting her college diploma.

52. Be an inspiration to someone.

53. Give food to a stranger…on a whim (just like a long time ago when we share a Jollibee breakfast to a newspaper vendor and saw his smile and afterwards saw him hurrying home…to share to his family, I guess).

54. Receive an unexpected gift from someone…hmmmnn, a branded bag.

55. Visit Rome and Vatican City.

56. Visit all the 81 provinces of the Philippines: Abra, Agusan Del Norte, Agusan Del Sur, Aklan, Albay, Antique, Apayao, Aurora, Basilan, Bataan, Batanes, Batangas, Benguet, Biliran, Bohol, Bukidnon, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Camiguin, Capiz, Catanduanes, Cavite, Cebu, Compostela Valley, Cotabato, Davao Del Norte, Davao Del Sur, Davao Occidental, Davao Oriental, Dinagat Islands, Eastern Samar, Guimaras, Ifugao, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Iloilo, Isabela, Kalinga, La Union, Laguna, Lanao Del Norte, Lanao Del Sur, Leyte, Maguindanao, Marinduque, Masbate, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental, Mountain Province, Negros Occidental, Negros Oriental, Northern Samar, Nueva Ecija, Nueva Vizcaya, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Quezon, Quirino, Rizal, Romblon, Samar (Western Samar), Sarangani, Siquijor, Sorsogon, South Cotabato, Southern Leyte, Sultan Kudarat, Sulu, Surigao Del Norte, Surigao Del Sur, Tarlac, Tawi-tawi, Zambales, Zamboanga Del Norte, Zamboanga Del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay.

We already visited 19 provinces, with strikethrough…not including those we just passed through along the way but never made a stop-over. Please read JADSpirits Travel Log.
Ph_regions_and_provinces
57. See multitude of fireflies during one of our travels and share stories of my younger years when my siblings and I tried to catch fireflies with our bare hands and see their lights blinking up-close.

58. Go white water rafting.

59. Sky dive.

60. Own an expensive mountain bike.

61. Have a flower garden.

62. Create a hanging herb garden using recycled materials near the kitchen.

63. Go scuba diving.
 
64. Build not just a tree house…but a multi-level, multi-function tree house.

65. Go on an Asian cruise (in memory of my Mother, Nanay Nor).
 
66. Make a quilt.

67. Earn recognition as a blogger

68. Pay homage to Padre Pio. Last August 21, 2014. Please read Chapel of Padre Pio, Eastwood, Quezon City.
IMG_8630
69. Submit our “one-week love story”to Maalaala Mo Kaya and see it portrayed on TV.

70. Start the “15-second kiss” and do it on a daily basis.

71. Meet the Pope and be blessed.

72. Reconnect with old friends from high school.

73. Be a millionaire.

74. Try surfing.

75. Visit at least 3 of the 7 New Wonder Cities of the World: Vigan, Ilocos Sur (Philippines), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Doha (Qatar). We visited Vigan last March 27 & 30, 2013…2 years before it was officially declared one of the new wonder cities May 8, 2015.
IMG_2507 IMG_2082
76. Write like Bob Perks (I’d been following him since 2000).

77. Send a child to school…a relative or even an indigent.

78. Study photography.

79. Take amazing pictures of people and sky and nature.

80. Vacation in Boracay and try paragliding or parasailing.

81. Witness multitude of lanterns lit up the evening sky (Disney movie,Tangled-style).

82. Have my own sunflower garden.

83. Horseback riding side by side with Daniz in Baguio City (she will be thrilled).

84. Read the Bible daily.

85. Spend at least 15 minutes a day to pray the Holy Rosary. Not yet on a daily basis…but an average of five times a week.
IMG_2482
86. Be a Guest Speaker and share my life’s experiences and lessons learned.

87. Walk down the aisle to renew our marriage vows in 2024…our silver wedding anniversary.

88. Witness the majestic Northern Lights.

89. Make a stranger smile…and hopefully, capture it on camera.

90. Visit sunflower fields and take pictures from sunrise to sundown.

91. Do volunteer work.

92. Go on a road trip to Bicol, Samar and Leyte without definite plans…just take the road and be prepared for whatever lies ahead.

93. Earn a diploma in the field of Human Resources.

94. Get a memorial plan for Jonjie and I.

95. Be debt-free.

96. Go on a road trip to Bicol, Samar and Leyte without definite plans…just take the road and be prepared to whatever lies ahead.

97. Stargazing during one of our road trips.

98. Visit at least 3 of the New 7 Wonders of Nature: Puerto Princesa Underground River (Philippines), Ha Long Bay (Vietnam), Jeju Island (South Korea).

99. Witness Daniz marrying the love of her life.

100. Live to see our grandchildren.

101. Jonjie and I to live until our 50th wedding anniversary…I’ll be 83 and he’ll be 81.

No comments