Featured Posts

Featured Posts
Featured Posts

JADSpirits Travel Log

JADSpirits Travel Log
JADSpirits Travel Log

Daday's Kitchen

Daday's Kitchen
Daday's Kitchen

Gratitude 2: I Put My Hope in You

Psalm 92-4, For You make me glad by Your deeds, Lord...
Last week was a challenge for me to “give thanks in all circumstances”. I complained…and mumbled…and protested, though silently. I lost my patience and gave in to my temper.

And when it seem that I was going downhill with all the negativity around me, you send me a ray of hope…a flicker of light in the horizon.
I started writing this last Thursday, April 15, to express my gratitude. And for some inspirations, I opened The Power of Being Thankful by Joyce Meyer to the same date.

But every time I put the book down and picked it up again, it was on a page with Psalm 92:4. On the third time it happened, I read the entire content. These are the lines that rings true and touched me…
  • Focusing on our problems will prevent us from rejoicing and being glad. Look for the good in your life and your joy will increase.
  • You might have a problem, but if you focus on what’s good, then you will discover there are some good things in your life also.
  • The world is full of people and situations that don’t please us, so if we are waiting for perfect circumstances to make us happy, we will be waiting forever.
  • We can learn not to fret or have anxiety about anything, but in everything to give thanks and praise to God.
But most especially the Prayer of Thanks that sums it all up for me…
"Father, thank you for the gift of joy and contentment. Regardless of the circumstance around me, I choose to praise You and realize that You are the source of my joy. Thank you for your goodness in my life. I choose to put my hope in You."
Joyce Meyer, The Power of Being Thankful

Thank You Father!

For your love and perseverance in guiding my path to focus on being thankful.

You have given me so much already, more than I asked and prayed for…and for most, I am grateful.

For the times that I was not, and for the times that I focused on the the things that are not of my liking, I thank You for your gentle nudge or stern push, whichever will catch my attention and will help me listen to You.

Amen

No comments