Featured Posts

Featured Posts
Featured Posts

JADSpirits Travel Log

JADSpirits Travel Log
JADSpirits Travel Log

Daday's Kitchen

Daday's Kitchen
Daday's Kitchen

Friends by Shemaella Daniz

Shemaella Daniz' writing about friend

Friends are family we choose for ourselves.
Friends are fun to be with. Real friends take care of you. My friends are kind and they always give food to me if I don’t have any food. They are always there if I need any help. Sometimes if we fight, we think of what we have done and apologize to each other. Sometimes, one of us needs to be alone. And we come to comfort one of our friends who is sad.

When Daniz showed me the result of their essay writing, the first line rings a bell. I usually came across this quote when searching the net about friends.

I asked her, “how did you know the line, did you copy it?” That was harsh, I know :( ...I should have praised her first for writing a good essay. 

She immediately replied, “No po, I remember reading it in the internet.”

I told her, “Anak, the next time you uses a line or a sentence that you read or heard, please use a quotation mark.”

I waited for the next question, but not for long.

She asked, “why po?”

And Jonjie answered, “to show that it did not come from you but from someone else.”

She answered, “okey po.”

I asked her if I could post her writing on my blog and she readily agreed. (This should be the first thing I asked, not the “how did you know the line, did you copy it?” I am sorry Anak...I will do better next time.)


FOOTNOTE:

I searched the net for the quote...

Friends are family we choose for ourselves
  • AZ Qoutes shows that “Friends are family we choose for ourselves” is the second among the Top 21 Quotes by Edna Buchanan.
  • Edna Buchanan (born March 16, 1939) is an American journalist and writer best known for her crime mystery novels. Dubbed "the queen of crime" by the Los Angeles Times, Edna Buchanan has covered more crime than most cops. She's won the 1986 Pulitzer Prize for General News Reporting.

No comments