Featured Posts

Featured Posts
Featured Posts

JADSpirits Travel Log

JADSpirits Travel Log
JADSpirits Travel Log

Daday's Kitchen

Daday's Kitchen
Daday's Kitchen

About Me and JADSpirits

One of the things that I really struggled about is telling something about myself...more often than not, my mind goes blank for a few seconds. It is no different for this “About” page…

Starting with my name always snap me out of the blankness…so here goes. I am Annie Sabeniano-Espiritu. I am forever a wife to Jonjie and a mother to Daniz. I am a full-time employee, a part-time runner and biker, a trying hard photographer, a food lover who cannot cook (or does not want to cook).

I am not a born writer. I usually say, I am a Mechanical Engineer by education, not by profession because I was not able to practice and apply the teachings of those 5-years in college. And it’s been said that engineers are not good communicator because our discipline is to find solutions to the problems using an applied formula.

Then why blog? I don’t know. All I know is that, for the longest time, I have this burning thing inside me to put my thoughts into words. And my mantra, courtesy of Aristotle, is

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an art but a habit."

I am the A in JADSpirits…


The JADSpirits...
  • Jonjie - christened Emmanuel Holgado Espiritu. Wondering why Jonjie??? Don't worry, I did, too, the first time (July 31, 1999) and when I asked, his candid answer without blinking his eyes was "yan ang gusto ng tatay ko, pakialam mo".
  • Annie - Aniceta Salen Sabeniano...no special meaning or origin for my name.
  • Daniz - we named her Shemaella Daniz. In time, we will share the story behind the name.
  • Spirits - English translation of our family name

Jonjie and I got married in 1999...in a civil wedding on September 8...followed by a church wedding on December 27. I was 33 and Jonjie was 31. Ours was "a one-week love affair" (isang linggong pag-ibig). But on my part...it was a result of every Wednesday novena in Baclaran after work, rain or shine...plus a sign from Mama Mary. Please wait for a separate post on this...

After 7 years of praying and medical interventions, God blessed us with our beautiful daughter, Daniz.

We are a middle class family. Jonjie always say "hindi kami mayaman, may kaya lang...may kayabangan".

PLEASE ALSO READ:

No comments