Featured Posts

Featured Posts
Featured Posts

JADSpirits Travel Log

JADSpirits Travel Log
JADSpirits Travel Log

Daday's Kitchen

Daday's Kitchen
Daday's Kitchen

Remembering Mother A Day Before My Birthday

Remembering Mother A Day Before My Birthday
I woke up this morning and my tears began to fall…lots of it….that turned into weeping. I felt as if my heart is being squeezed. It dawned on me with crushing pain that…

Jonjie woke up, then Daniz…they asked me what’s wrong. For a few moments, I cannot answer…I just cried my heart out. Then,
Me: It’s my birthday tomorrow and Inay will not be there to greet me (while sobbing uncontrollably)
Jonjie: We will be here for you (turning to Daniz for confirmation at the same time consoling me and reminding me to take a deep breathe)
Daniz: Mamay, don’t worry, she’s okey now (and embraced me, silently saying she’s there)
And they let me cried and cried…never leaving my side…embracing me…comforting me. I hope tomorrow will be a bit easier…
Ever since I left Batobalani to pursue my college education, then had a job, been overseas for training or work, got married and until last year, she never failed to greet me.
  1. Birthday cards with flowers and her special greeting sent through telegram (no telephone yet in the barrio).
  2. Or a surprise visit travelling the distance between us.
  3. When I was sent to Japan for training and worked in Taiwan, it’s  birthday card with letter.
  4. When telephone reached our small barrio, she would call as early as she could.
  5. Then cellular phones were invented, and it’s a little easier for her to call me.
Remembering Mother A Day Before My Birthday

Inay, send me a birthday greeting tomorrow…in any form. Let me feel your love and your warm embrace, even from up there. Help me celebrate my birthday.
I miss you much…

No comments