Featured Posts

Featured Posts
Featured Posts

JADSpirits Travel Log

JADSpirits Travel Log
JADSpirits Travel Log

Daday's Kitchen

Daday's Kitchen
Daday's Kitchen

Daily Log: Listen, Beloved

Jeremiah 31 13
"The Lotus Flowers"
Taken during Salen's Clan trip to Tabas, Paracale, Camarines Norte. My sister Pau requested  the caretaker of the Watermelon Plantation where the pond is located for a bunch, because these are Inay's favorite.
Anybody who has ever observed a lotus flower emerging from a murky pond cannot fail to see the beauty of this exquisite plant.

The flower always looks so clean and pure against the background of the dirty pond.

Because of this the lotus flower has come to be associated with purity and beauty in the religions of Buddhism and Hinduism respectively; the ancient Egyptians scholars observed that in the night-time the lotus closed its flowers and sank into the water, and came up with a different association with the flower related to rebirth and the Sun; in actual fact the Lotus slowly emerges from a pond over a three day period and then blooms in the morning until mid-afternoon.
DSC_1076
"For Inay"
I missed you, dearest Inay!
I remember your love, your brilliant smile
My heart is longing to hear your sweet voice
Calling my name again...

Please ease the pain in my heart
And wipe the tears in my eyes
Let me feel your warm embrace
Even for just a while...

Oh Inay...
Know that I love you so!

IMG_9013[1]

No comments