Featured Posts

Featured Posts
Featured Posts

JADSpirits Travel Log

JADSpirits Travel Log
JADSpirits Travel Log

Daday's Kitchen

Daday's Kitchen
Daday's Kitchen

Unexplored Labnig Beach of Paracale, Camarines Norte

DSC_0908
Camarines Norte became popular to tourists, locals and foreigners alike, because of Calaguas Island with its powdery sand that offers peace and serenity to visitors. But unknown to many, including myself, there is another unexplored paradise nearby...a hidden cove called Labnig Beach. From Paracale, it can be reached using a motorized boat in about 5 minutes
IMG_8385
Labnig is one of the barangays which are in the outlying area of Municipality of Paracale. Paracale with a population of about 46,856 and its 27 barangays belong to the partly urban areas in the Philippines. While some of the barangays developed modern urban structures, some others, especially those which are seated in the outlying areas, remained rural.
I’ve heard of Labnig since I was small from my maternal grandmother, Lola Nunang…but I’ve never been there. Then last year, Inay mentioned that Tio Simon, his brother who was a stroke-patient, chose to stay at their house in Labnig Beach to recuperate. She said that the place is very beautiful and tranquil and that my brother is interested in owning a small land there. 

Last August 18, a day before the 40th day of Inay’s death, with some of our relatives, we traveled to Labnig. The main purpose is to visit Tio Simon, who was not able to attend Inay’s funeral due to his condition and also to discuss some family matters.

I do not know what to expect. The last time I saw Tio Simon, he was a big, huggable uncle with a twinkling eyes when he smile. And when I saw him, the smile and the twinkling eyes are still the same except that this time there are tears in those eyes…tears of happiness because he saw us. I can hug him still and he hugged me in return…but with just his left able hand. Only his body has changed, but his mind and his spirit is still the same…the proud, spiritual man that I remember him to be. He temporarily forgot my name but after a while I heard him call me Cita, in his loud but soft voice I remember so well…his heart remember my name.

IMG_8405IMG_8403
After the initial greetings, “how-are-you” and “how-have-you-been”, they get down to serious family talk. And while they are busy, I decided to explore the area and take some pictures…

IMG_8388DSC_0928DSC_0923
And then…I do not know what happen. But I found myself tasting the fish sinigang in tomatoes and saying a little sour is better and requesting calamansi to add to the taste. Then, I was grilling the fish. And it’s time for lunch…
IMG_8414DSC_0899DSC_0925
After lunch, I was at the beach again taking shot, after shot, after shot of pictures…of sky, and sea and sand.
DSC_0900 DSC_0918DSC_0916DSC_0915DSC_0910
It was a wonderful day. Seeing the happiness in Tio Simon’s face is just an awesome feeling coupled it with seeing the Labnig beach for the first time…I had a blast.
DSC_0931 DSC_0939
We will definitely come back with Daniz, our “mermaid” daughter, who took to water even before she can walk…who can swim from six in the morning until ten in the evening with just the mealtime as her rest in between.

Labnig Beach…we will be back!!! And we will enjoy everything beautiful about you…

2 comments

  1. Nice and peaceful place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really is. We could not wait to go back...
      Thank you Jazz for visiting our blog :)

      Delete