Featured Posts

Featured Posts
Featured Posts

JADSpirits Travel Log

JADSpirits Travel Log
JADSpirits Travel Log

Daday's Kitchen

Daday's Kitchen
Daday's Kitchen

Daily Log: “Want to be Happy? Aim for Joy!" by Bob Perks

I have been following Bob Perks since 2001. He is an inspirational writer and speaker, an author, a life coach.

In more ways, he touched my life with his writings. I want...I aim to write like him...I want to inspire others the way he inspired me.

For today, I want to share this with you…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Image
Want to be happy?  Aim for Joy!"
By Bob Perks

Happy seems to be a goal for most of us.  We want to be "Happy."

That doesn't sound like a lot to ask does it?

It has been said that happiness is a choice.  You can choose to be happy. 

I believe that to be true in this sense.  You can choose to be happy and then work toward that goal.  Happiness is a goal.

I don't begin to suggest that you choose to be happy, blink your eyes and there you are.

I do believe that by making "happiness a choice" you create the mindset to become that.
Like you can choose to be healthy.  Then you do the things necessary to make it so.

Here's my challenge to you.

I am declaring my time of grief at an end.  No more.  I am choosing to now focus on something even greater than happy.

I am aiming at "joy."  I want to be joyful.  I want to simply overflow with joy.

Why not try it, too?

I believe that in order for us to reach our full potential, we must reach beyond our grasp.
 
Like touching your toes.  Go ahead stand up and bend over and touch your toes.

I can't remember the last time I could stand up, look down and see them!

Certainly many of you could touch your toes.  I will say most can't...not right now.  But if your kept at it everyday bending, stretching comfortably a little more each day, you would be able to.

Reaching beyond you grasp.

So, if happy is a goal why not aim beyond that?

Why not choose joy?

The dictionary defines happy as, "feeling or showing pleasure or contentment"

Joy is defined as "a feeling of great pleasure and happiness"

See, it's just beyond my grasp.

I am sharing with you a little miracle.  I planned on writing this as a part of my "closure," my moving beyond my grief.

Then just before writing this I received a message from my friend, Hannah Smith.
 
Here is a small portion of it: "Philippians - only four chapters long - Paul uses the word "joy" 16 times. The amazing thing is, Paul didn't write this book when he was  on vacation in the Caribbean. He was in prison in Rome,waiting to be executed. In the darkest days of his life,he wrote the most positive book in the Bible.

In Philippians, Paul gives us very strong joy-builders that will help diffuse our discouragement and lift our depression."

Go ahead read it.

Before you do remember everything that grows stretches. Man is the only creature that can choose to become more than it is at the moment.  Every living thing was designed to evolve fully into what it was created to be.  A bee can't be a flower but it can be the very best bee it was created to be. Man however, (woman of course implied) has no real idea what their full potential is.  That's why we celebrate when someone breaks a record, does something bigger, better, longer than anyone before them.

The only way we can find how far we can grow is by reaching beyond our grasp.  Then again and again.

Want to be happy?  Aim for Joy!

J
Bob
www.Ok2Be.Me
"Live an inspired life!"

No comments